- Adult learner/employeeCareers guidance counsellorProfessional organisation or social partner
- EmploymentSkills needs and mismatchesTeaching and training
Women in Need (WIN) is a ‘Small-scale Partnership project’ in the field of vocational education and training (VET) co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
The consortium is composed of two partners renowned at the European level in the fields of education, social inclusion and the fight for women’s equality: ‘Shelter "Safe House"’ (an NGO located in Riga, Latvia) and Femxa Formación SL (a VET training centre based in Vigo, Spain).
This initiative started in November 2021 with the following objectives:
- to foster social inclusion,
- to promote civic engagement,
- to enhance continuous training and skills development and,
- to improve employability, facilitating the transition of young, unemployed migrant women (aged 18-29) to the labour market.
For this purpose, an online training course was designed, composed of modules that include micro-training ‘knowledge pills’ addressing three main topics:
- digital skills for employment,
- cybersecurity – safe internet use, and
- cultural and social integration in the migrants’ host country.
The training is complemented with mentoring provided by experts who support the beneficiaries in the implementation of their action plan.
- Irene Ojo Mars
- European Project Manager at Femxa
- Postal address
- Social media