The 2023 edition of the European Vocational Skills Week is coming soon
In 2023 we will continue to shine a spotlight on how the opportunities vocational education and training (VET) offer to people of all ages to develop and improve skills for their careers and personal development, and how VET is key to Europe’s efforts to respond to economic, climate and social challenges of today and of the future.
The 2023 European Vocational Skills Week will be embedded in the European Year of Skills (EYS), which takes place from 9 May 2023 until 8 May 2024. As in previous editions, we count on VET stakeholders’ cooperation in organizing initiatives and events. Therefore, we warmly encourage you to contribute with your planned events to the website of the EYS by uploading information on your initiatives through this survey. Events can be branded for both the EYS and the EVSW.
During the week of 23 October 2023, key events at EU level will be organised by stakeholders, including:
- 23-24 October: Spanish Presidency Conference on recognition of VET qualifications in Seville, Spain (in-person event)
- 25-26 October: Meeting of the Directors-General in VET in Spain (event for representatives from the Ministries in charge of VET from 35 countries)
- 26 October: EQAVET webinar: Creating a quality culture in VET - Trends and developments in quality assurance for VET providers (online event only - register here by 19 October)
- OECD webinar “Education at a glance” on VET – 26 October (online event only – link will be published here later on)
- 27 October: Event organised by European Associations of VET providers (in-person event - registration here)
The European Vocational Skills Week (EVSW) is a European Commission initiative launched for the first time in 2016. It seeks to promote VET as an attractive career and learning pathway by bringing all stakeholders together to showcase VET opportunities and inspiring best practices: #DiscoverYourTalent #EuropeanVocationalSkills
On 29 March 2023 DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion organized a webinar for VET stakeholders to explain how the European Vocational Skills Week (EVSW) will unfold in the framework of the European Year of Skills (EYS).
Welcome to the last newsletter of the 6th edition of the European Vocational Skills Week. We also take this opportunity send our best wishes to you and your families for happy holidays and success in 2023!